Let's create inspiring places together
201 Washington St, Suite 3920 Boston, MA 02108
674 Via de la Valle, Suite 206 Solana Beach, CA 92075
Join the Team
Director of Tax - San Diego
IQHQ, Inc. and its affiliates are pioneers in premier life science real estate. IQHQ’s focus is to acquire, develop and operate life science properties in the innovation hubs of San Francisco, San Diego, and Boston in the United States, and the Golden Triangle in the United Kingdom. IQHQ has offices in San Diego and Boston.
IQHQ, Inc. is looking to add a Director of Tax primarily responsible for overseeing tax compliance and planning for the REIT and REIT subsidiaries. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing and dynamic company. The Director will work closely with Accounting and Finance to perform key duties and responsibilities for Tax, including those listed below.
• Oversee and perform quarterly REIT tests, REIT administration activities, and other REIT related tax initiatives
• Work with external advisors on preparation and review of federal/state/local returns various business entities
• Assist in preparation of quarterly and annual income tax provision
• Research federal and state tax issues and assist in the development of ongoing tax strategies to minimize tax liabilities
• Assist with various aspects of taxation within the company
• Maintain and update tax calendars (tax filings/obligations, tax payments, etc.) and entity listings.
• Assist with tax due diligence and structuring and tax research projects
• Assist in various other tax matters as needed, including ongoing review of tax procedures to streamline processes and minimize risk
• Interact and communicate with other internal departments (Accounting, Legal, Treasury, etc.) for cross-functional tasks and financial information gathering.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or tax required. CPA license and MST is a plus
• Minimum 7+ years of experience with a strong knowledge of tax planning, tax compliance and tax return preparation for corporate, partnership, and REIT tax matters. Big 4 Experience Preferred.
• Knowledge of US corporate income and partnership tax legislation; knowledge of California tax matters; good understanding of REIT qualification matters; understanding of ASC 740 and U.S. GAAP reporting for income taxes.
• Yardi software experience, preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft programs: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision as well as in a team-based environment.
• High level of attention to detail.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to manage multiple tasks with accuracy and efficiency.
• Enjoys being a part of a mission-driven team
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.